Established in Switzerland in 1964, SISTAG has been serving with 110 employees and over 40 distributors worldwide with production range of WEY brand Knife Gate Valve and Penstock (Channel) Valves.
Although SISTAG was founded in 1964, the company’s founders had been in the manufacturing sector since 1908, and it actually shows how old they are in the sector to have produced the first Knife Gate Valve in 1951. The company attributes its ability to manufacture knife gate valve, which is the main production line, in today’s latest technology to invest in R&D.
The company manufactures “Zero Leakage” valves classified as “Rate A” which are used in many sectors and industries such as mine, refining, food, chemical and petrochemical, biomass, paper, waste treatment, iron and steel, glass etc., especially in tough processes and applications, from PN10 pressure class to PN100, from DN50 diameter to DN2000, in Switzerland for European norm and in USA for ANSI (American) norm. Another of the most significant features of the firm is that it can produce at special dimensions other than standard ones.
– Washing bays – Body protection ring for particulate
– Gas proof covers liquids
– Preformed packing – Special (hard surfaced) coating
– Larger pneumatic cylinders – PTFE coated body
– Nitrided, hardened, PTFE – Polished body
coated Knife – Lockable / Padlock can be installed
– Body Seal – Protective covers
– Sledge system facilitating – Double transverse seal
movement of the knife – Special design knife for powdery liquids
– Different body & knife materials – V-shaped seal for flow regulation
– Ni-hard wear ring – Position indicator
The superior designed features of the valve compared to the other valves:
– Additional sealing without disassembly when the valve is in line and under pressure
– Body design with self-cleaning feature
– Guided knife at full stroke (easy moving knife in the channel)
– No jamming under no circumstance (zero leakage in all conditions)
– Double-sided, impermeable, durable seal
EXAMPLES FROM USAGE AREAS;
Businesses such as Drinking and Tap Water Facilities, Waste Water Treatment Facilities, Waste Sludge Processes, etc.
PAPER PULP AND PAPER INDUSTRY
Entry and exit control of stock tanks of paper pulp, viscous fluids containing particulate such as waste / raw paper-water mixture processes.
Sugar processes in which beet and sugar cane is used as raw material, Production processes of liquid sugar …
Viscous, sticky, granular, dusty fluid Processes, Process Applications such as Textile Wastewater, Chemical Industry Wastewater etc.
FOOD AND DRINK INDUSTRY
Fruit Pulp, Puree, Waste Raw Material Sludge Applications
POWER PLANTS AND MINING
Rolling Mill Applications, Coal and Powder Coal Transfer, Mining Operation Applications, Lime and Cement Process Applications.
Body / seal
protection ring for
Unique sealing designs in WEY are designed specifically for your process and operate with high performance.
Manufactured with high quality standards, the WEY knife valve has proven itself over time with unique design.
It guarantees a longer usage time against the leaks arising from various reasons in comparison with its rivals.
1) Fulfilling the sealing function, the seal performs tightly with the lateral face of the knife smoothened by being processed. The fact that the lateral face of the knife is processed means more durable seal. Mechanically asserted to the body, the seal is also protected against disassembly problem.
2) Guide bearings of the knife prevent the knife from vibrating during on-off operation, thus ensuring noiseless operation. In addition, this design guarantees double-sided sealing in all pressure grades and all seal types.
3) During the valve closing process, it cleans itself by glancing off accumulated residual materials due to the sharpened knifepoint.
4) During closure, it pushes the accumulated residues downward by means of the special blade geometry and puts out them through the extended discharge corners, thus preventing jamming and sticking.
5) The traditional seal box is removed with its unique Transverse Seal structure. Seal types selected specially for the process guarantees impermeability in certain conditions. Seal types are arranged to provide superior performance against leakage and abrasion under normal conditions.
6) The distance between the transverse seal and the port has been minimized. This prevents particles from accumulating between the body and the knife, thus preventing the blade from being jammed/stuck. This means the selection of the actuator with lower capacity and lower torque requirements.
7) It is possible to eliminate the leakage problem caused by the worn seals depending on the usage frequency without stopping the production (when the line is under pressure) by using unique packing screws. Thus, production losses during the time spent in demounting operations are prevented.
Emerson introduces powerful diagnostics for flow meter intelligence
Smart Meter Verification software allows users to fine tune and adjust their engineering processes to ensure absolute measurement confidence and top performance.
Advanced Smart Meter Verification diagnostics to deliver real-time intelligence and calibration of Coriolis and magnetic flow meters for a complete process overview and greater operational certainty.
Emerson has launched the latest version of its Smart Meter Verification software for Coriolis and magnetic flow meters, providing flow meter verification on demand and empowering process engineers, technicians and operators to look beyond the meter and make real-time decisions based on the most advanced meter and process diagnostics in the industry today.
New tools in the Smart Meter Verification software allow users to fine tune and adjust their engineering processes to ensure absolute measurement confidence and top performance in the chemicals, food and beverage, life sciences, oil and gas, and other process industries. In addition to onboard diagnostics, Smart Meter Verification also accelerates implementation of companies’ Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) strategies with its powerful remote diagnostics, digital intelligence and multiple data points providing users with a complete process overview and greater operational certainty.
Rather than costly and time-consuming calibrations and laboratory testing, leading to production interruptions, shut-downs and safety concerns, the advanced Smart Meter Verification provides in situ calibration verification on-demand without any impact on process or meter outputs. The new system also provides operators with crucial information on other flow issues across the plant.
“Whereas traditional diagnostics often provide just an entry point to further, time-consuming analysis, the Smart Meter Verification system generates real-time, decision-making intelligence and flow measurement confidence here and now,” said Taylor Scott, software product specialist, Emerson Automation Solutions. “For plant operators and engineers, this move from reactive to predictive diagnostics means improved knowledge, operational certainty and productivity, and the acceleration of IIoT strategies.”
Key features of the advanced Smart Meter Verification include:
- Innovative algorithms that detect corrosion and erosion in the meter with remedial action able to be instigated immediately. Emerson is also the first company to integrate a 99 percent-confidence statistical meter damage detection algorithm that enables early detection without false alarms.
- New process diagnostic capabilities that include a “flow range” diagnostic, which alerts the engineer when flow rates are not within the specified range of the meter; instrument diagnostics that can identify if entrained gas is in the process; and immediate alerts to process upsets that may affect measurement performance, such as severe aeration.
- Tube coating diagnostics that offer crucial data points and drive valuable information to the end user, alerting them when the meter is coated by something unexpected from the process line, particularly important in food and beverages and life sciences applications.
- Clear and transparent verification audit trails, and advanced visual analysis and reporting software that meets third party regulatory agency compliance requirements in lieu of meter calibration, inspection or removal. By providing a time-stamped verification report, an increasing number of international standards and third-party agencies, such as ISO, IEC, AGA, API, NMI and others, recognise verification technologies, such as Smart Meter Verification, as a method to confirm instrument calibration and extend recalibration or proving intervals.
- Reduced meter maintenance requirements with vital variables, such as mass flow, verified to be within factory accuracy specifications. Smart Meter Verification also generates detailed information on all sensors, including serial numbers, condition temperature and calibration information, ensuring a simple path to instrument and process compliance.
Emerson’s Smart Meter Verification diagnostics are an easy-to-use, automatic tool for Micro Motion™ Coriolis and Rosemount™ magnetic flow meters that monitor the entire flow meter’s performance and integrity and are applicable in a wide variety of process industry sectors, such as oil and gas, food and beverage and chemicals.
New ORBINOX knife gate valve for Water Treatment Applications
ORBINOX has launched a new range of knife gate valves created especially for Water Treatment applications and designed to comply with both AWWA C520-14 and MSS SP-81 standards.
The EW series knife gate valve is a lug type unidirectional knife gate valve with a single ductile cast iron body. It has been designed to include bonnets if the application requires them, with both o-ring and conventional PTFE-impregnated type packings. The valve can be produced with metal-to-metal seats or 100% bubble-tight resilient seats and rising stem and non-rising stem configurations are available. Flange drilling is in accordance with ASME B16.5 class 150 and EN-1092 PN 10, Please note that alternative flange drillings are available on request.
The ORBINOX EW knife gate valve series is available in sizes ranging from 2” (DN50) up to 36” (DN900mm). It is suitable for working pressures of 10 bar up to 24” (DN600) and of 7 bar from 28” (DN700) up to 36” (DN900), and comes with either handwheel, gearbox, pneumatic cylinder, electric or hydraulic actuation options. Thanks to our experience in the design and manufacturing of specialist valves, we can adapt to suit specific application requirements by offering different materials or fabricated valves as required.
Here at ORBINOX we have used our extensive experience in the design and manufacturing of knife gate valves, check valves and penstocks to offer a comprehensive product range for various Water Treatment applications such as Water and Waste Water Treatment Plants, Water and Waste Water Pumping Stations, Sludge Handling, Storm Tanks, Desalination Plants and Irrigation Systems.
Major flow control contracts for Rotork at giant Chinese refinery
Rotork has received major contracts to supply electric and pneumatic valve actuators and valve gearboxes to Hengli Petrochemical (Dalian) Refinery Co. Ltd. for flow control in its new refinery and petrochemicals complex, one of the largest in China, at Changxing Island in Dalian City.
The latest contract involves approximately 2,000 explosionproof electric actuators to operate gate valves and ball valves in tank farms. All these units are Rotork IQ non-intrusive intelligent multi-turn actuators with double-sealed IP68 watertight protection for enhanced reliability, an important consideration in the site’s saline ambient environment. In addition to providing optimum reliability, the IQ actuator is also designed for advanced functionality, particularly in those areas associated with predictive maintenance and asset management.
IQ actuator dataloggers record detailed operating data including valve torque profiles, the number of valve operations and alarms. The ability to download and analyse this information can make a vital contribution to effective long-term asset management of the refinery. The IQ actuators are combined with Rotork Gears IB multi-turn and IW quarter-turn secondary gearboxes to meet the operating demands of the wide range of valve sizes and types.
Pneumatic actuators orders encompass Rotork CP, GP and RC ranges of scotch yoke designs for quarter-turn valves. The combination of these ranges facilitates the direct-drive actuation of valves of virtually any size.
The ability to deliver complete electric and fluid power solutions, with local manufacturing and service support in China, enables Rotork to provide a single source for flow control on the project.
Genel1 year ago
Electric Motors11 months ago
NSK develops insulated bearings for inverter motors
Pumps4 months ago
BJM Expands KB Series – Larger KB220 model
Pumps11 months ago
ANDRITZ to supply irrigation pumps to India
Pumps11 months ago
Indar, Colorado River Basin is helping to combat drought
Pumps12 months ago
Be Safe. Be Clean. With SANDPIPER’S Innovative Signature Series Pumps
Pumps7 months ago
Grundfos’ efforts to accelerate digital development
Pumps7 months ago
Process metering pumps operating under even extreme operating conditions